Microscope Laser Autofocus System
The McBain FocusTrac, manufactured by MotionX Corporation, is the automated real-time laser focus solution for most major microscopes. By applying advanced optics, mechanics and electronics, FocusTrac is designed to differentiate between "in-focus," "above-focus" and "below-focus" conditions to produce a signal that can be used to drive the position of the microscope and objectives relative to the sample of interest into an "in-focus" condition.
FocusTrac can substantially increase throughput and reduce processing time in automated inspection systems, and it also reduces operator fatigue in manual processing systems. It is used to inspect wafers and devices, hard disk read write heads and disks, MEMs devices, photovoltaic substrates, FPDs, ink-jet substrates and for other automated inspection and vision based applications.
- Can be easily integrated into most major microscope brands and models
- Uses collimated laser source beam (405nm, 635nm or 780nm Class 1 lasers)
- Maintains focus over entire inspection area
- Projects a laser image onto the surface of the sample being imaged, either as a variable length line or a spot
- Broad bandwidth available
- Automatic height measurements when coupled with a linear feedback device
- Configurable to work with custom systems and older microscope inspection systems