Leica Application Suite
Image processing and analysis application
Leica Application Suite (LAS) integrates Leica automated microscopes, macroscopes, digital cameras, and software into one common environment to provide a consistent, easy-to-use imaging solution with unrivalled performance. The versatility of Leica Application Suite makes it suitable for a diverse range of life science and industrial applications, such as materials quality control, pathology, pharmaceutical testing, and many more. LAS accelerates the visualization, enhancement, measurement, documentation and archiving of digital images through a wealth of image processing functions. Additional modules can be added to further enhance the powerful functionality of LAS — Image Overlay, MultiFocus, MultiTime, MultiStep, Extended Annotation, Interactive Measurement, Reticule requirements, and more.
- LAS Archive: a powerful application designed to give rapid and convenient access to digital images
- LAS Interactive Measurement: simplifies the manual tasks involved when deriving calibrated measurement parameters such as length, area, perimeter, diameter and angles
- LAS Extended Annotation: optional module that when used with a Leica microscope and digital camera, allows text and graphical elements to be added directly to an image
- LAS MultiFocus: acquires extended depth of field images by providing fully integrated control of microscopes with motorized focus
- LAS MultiTime: highly effective solution for capturing a series of images specifically for time-lapse or movie purposes
- LAS MultiStep: optional module that when used with a Leica microscope, motorized scanning stage and digital camera, automatically acquires images at XY positions defined by a rectangular pattern
- LAS Image Overlay: combines Leica's strengths in automated fluorescence microscopy, digital camera technology, and advanced imaging.
- LAS Reticule: primarily used to display customized reticules on live images; electronic reticule replaces glass types