Hamamatsu Digital Cameras
Fast frame rates and high sensitivity
The Hamamtsu ImagEM Enhanced (pictured at right – upper) is a brand new member of the Hamamatsu C9100 camera series. Combining Hamamatsu's decades of experience with high vacuum technology and all the latest advances in CCD circuit design, this new camera offers application-independent imaging. From the very brightest high dynamic range applications to single-photon imaging over long integrations, this camera provides images with the very best signal-to-noise ratios. The key to this versatility is the E2V CCD97 CCD and Hamamatsu's creative engineering. New methods for driving this well-known CCD offer special modes of operation for fast, low noise operation and special patent pending synchronization with spinning disk confocal and multi-point confocal microscopes.
With both on-chip multiplication and normal CCD readout amplifiers, a choice of readout speeds is included to match the signal-to-noise requirements of the application. New on-board signal processing features provide a choice of real-time frame averaging and background subtraction with offset and shading correction. Unmatched cooling and cooling stability provide the very best in quantitative data collection, even at high frame rates.
- -90°C cooling with hermetic sealed head
- Air or water cooled
- Gain stability / Temperature stability
- Dual-readout mode
- Multiple-pixel clock selection
- Photon imaging mode
- Real time image processing
- External trigger / Synchronous readout trigger
- Programmable trigger signal output
- Multiple-head capability
The Hamamatsu ORCA-AG (pictured at right – lower) is a high-resolution digital camera with a progressive scan interline CCD chip with no mechanical shutter. Features include 1.37 million pixels, wide dynamic range and12-bit digital output. With very high quantum efficiency and low noise, this camera is designed for a wide range of applications including low light level imaging. Peltier cooling with hermetic vacuum sealing drastically reduces dark noise and minimizes thermal drift, which makes the camera an ideal choice for demanding scientific and industrial applications. A high performance serial bus IEEE 1394 is used as a computer interface. And a standard C-mount lens coupling makes it easy to connect to optical systems such as optical microscopes.
- High sensitivity in VIS-NIR region
- Hermetic vacuum sealed head
- High resolution of 1.37 million pixels
- Exposure time up to 4 200 sec
- Low dark noise with Peltier cooling for a dynamic range of 3 000 : 1
- Progressive scan interline CCD chip with no mechanical shutter
- Compatible with IIDC 1394-based digital camera specification
- Full remote control from PC via IEEE 1394 bus